We had 4 days at the Majestic Colonial resort booked through booking.com.We left on the last day covered in painful bites, and as soon as we checked into our next hotel, we found our bags crawling with bugs.
We instantly called the Majestic to complain, and spent the next 5 days of our vacation calling the hotel and steam cleaning our things. We lost several clothing items, luggage, etc. due to the bugs, and the hotel continued to give us fake email addresses to contact the management. We couldn't contact booking.com since we were out of the country and the internet connections were bad, but as soon as we returned to the US, we contacted them.
After about 20 hours of phone calls, and a complaint to the BBB, and after booking.com telling us they could reimburse us for the stay, they only ended up offering $150 in compensation, which didn't even cover the cost of the luggage we had to throw away. We took plenty of pictures of what were very clearly bed bugs, all time-stamped to the day of our checkout, and booking had the nerve to tell us they thought they were mosquitos.
They also told us they are independent and make no guarantees about the quality of their rooms.They put our entire family in harm's way, and we are still covered with scars and having nightmares.
More Review Details
|Number of Destinations|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reckless disregard for our safety
- Terrible customer service
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Booking Hotel Reservation
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "This is one of the best vacations we've ever been on. I highly recommend it. We did it through Bookvip and they took care of it. It was very simple...."
- "This is a clip from ABC 27 in Harrisburg, PA where they do an investigative piece on Sundance Vacations. (it's in the second half of the clip). Sundance has sales..."
- "This was our first trip to Cancun and we had the best time!! The hotel was beautiful and it's location was perfect. We had an ocean front room and all..."
- "We had 4 days at the Majestic Colonial resort booked through booking.com. We left on the last day covered in painful bites, and as soon as we checked into our..."
- "I requested a quote, which they gave but were really pushy over the phone. I sent off my PS4 to have the fan fixed. Hardly heard a thing from them..."
- "The flowers i got delivered to my fiance were pretty, BUT they were super small and in my eyes dont look anything compared to their picture. Delivery was on time..."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."