We had 4 days at the Majestic Colonial resort booked through booking.com.We left on the last day covered in painful bites, and as soon as we checked into our next hotel, we found our bags crawling with bugs.
We instantly called the Majestic to complain, and spent the next 5 days of our vacation calling the hotel and steam cleaning our things. We lost several clothing items, luggage, etc. due to the bugs, and the hotel continued to give us fake email addresses to contact the management. We couldn't contact booking.com since we were out of the country and the internet connections were bad, but as soon as we returned to the US, we contacted them.
After about 20 hours of phone calls, and a complaint to the BBB, and after booking.com telling us they could reimburse us for the stay, they only ended up offering $150 in compensation, which didn't even cover the cost of the luggage we had to throw away. We took plenty of pictures of what were very clearly bed bugs, all time-stamped to the day of our checkout, and booking had the nerve to tell us they thought they were mosquitos.
They also told us they are independent and make no guarantees about the quality of their rooms.They put our entire family in harm's way, and we are still covered with scars and having nightmares.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Number of Destinations|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reckless disregard for our safety
- Terrible customer service
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Booking Hotel Reservation
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Our stay at Westgate was more than a 5 star rating and we owe everything to BookVIP. We enjoyed everything the resort offered. We are from Miami,FL and we didn't..."
- "We have gone to mexico for a work vacation the last 10 years and have stayed at all kinds of resorts. This by far was the nicest resort we ever..."
- "The Krystal Cancun hotel is absolutely amazing , food is good rooms are clean. Like to thank "LALO" OR EDUARDO for being very professional and kind and all the rest..."
- "Purchased from Home Depot a RO water filtration system, it leaked and caused damage. They sent plumbers to repair it a few times and the damage under the sink cannot..."
- "I received a letter in the mail stating I was "Pre-approved" for a credit card. After having difficulty signing up online I decided to call. Eventually, I was told that..."
- " We hired We Hang Holiday Lights in Toms river NJ to decorate our home and trees with lights garland and wreaths. Ryan Phillips was present on the job site..."