We had 4 days at the Majestic Colonial resort booked through booking.com.We left on the last day covered in painful bites, and as soon as we checked into our next hotel, we found our bags crawling with bugs.
We instantly called the Majestic to complain, and spent the next 5 days of our vacation calling the hotel and steam cleaning our things. We lost several clothing items, luggage, etc. due to the bugs, and the hotel continued to give us fake email addresses to contact the management. We couldn't contact booking.com since we were out of the country and the internet connections were bad, but as soon as we returned to the US, we contacted them.
After about 20 hours of phone calls, and a complaint to the BBB, and after booking.com telling us they could reimburse us for the stay, they only ended up offering $150 in compensation, which didn't even cover the cost of the luggage we had to throw away. We took plenty of pictures of what were very clearly bed bugs, all time-stamped to the day of our checkout, and booking had the nerve to tell us they thought they were mosquitos.
They also told us they are independent and make no guarantees about the quality of their rooms.They put our entire family in harm's way, and we are still covered with scars and having nightmares.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Number of Destinations|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reckless disregard for our safety
- Terrible customer service
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Booking Hotel Reservation
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "April 28, 2016 Apple Vacations Customer Resolution Department Dear Apple Vacation: On March 16, 2016 myself along with Tammy McDaniel booked a vacation with your company. When calling your reservation department the customer service..."
- "Sundance Vacations works hard at covering up the truth about what they are giving to people. In the sales presentation, they'll show you pictures of luxurious nice vacation spots. They'll..."
- "At first I thought the deal was too good to be true, but there was absolutely no false advertising! You get exactly what you see on bookvip.com and no hidden..."
- "We had 4 days at the Majestic Colonial resort booked through booking.com. We left on the last day covered in painful bites, and as soon as we checked into our..."
- "I have been a long time consumer of Newegg off on on for years, and have recently cheered them on the fight against Patent trolls. But recently I ordered..."
- "I renewed plan from Verizon in July keeping the plan the same including what i was being charged. Offered "free upgrade" to 100/100 internet. Told the bill would be the..."
- "We went to arby with my two children and when i approach fountain michine to get soda i noticed a puddle of nasty water i said something and they..."